Friday, March 11, 2011

RyanDavid memories of George

I was 18 years old and had just moved to Utah to live with my brother Tyler.  The Mason residence was a favorite place of mine to visit, as there was always a friendly smile and a conversation to be had. 

One day, while speaking to George about a Volkswagen Beetle I had purchased but had never driven, I lied to George and said that I loved to drive it. I think George knew I was lying and called my bluff.  He assertively invited me to drive his own bug around the neighborhood, he himself acting as my copilot.  Stubborn as I was, I thought I could do it.  

We proceeded down the street, all the while grinding the gears to death and running about three stop signs.  But you know, George just sat there, smiled, and let me learn.  He was infinitely patient and said, "Cars can be fixed.  Drive."

Another memory I have was a visit he paid to Arizona back in March of 09.  We were at my folks' house with my kids.  It being a fairly windy day, my boy Sumner wanted to fly a kite.  George enthusiastically obliged and showed him what I still consider to be some fairly fancy kite flying skills.  It was fun watching George interact with my son.

I have a lot of good memories of George.  Marla, Zac, AJ and David have been in our thoughts and prayers.  We love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment