Monday, March 28, 2011

My Uncle - Christy Jo McFarland

Well my uncle was an amazing man and I have honestly had such a hard time with him being gone. I remember so many good times and tender moments when I think of my uncle George. He was a great comfort to me growing up and was mistaken for my Dad more than once. But I didn't care because he was a great place to rest my head and he always had hugs to spare. My fondest memories were of my diving days in high school. I really wanted to learn from the best so I somehow got my uncle George to help me out at the Clearfield Pool. He was patient, persistent, and a great example of hard work paying off. He was also very patient because I was not as talented as we thought.....but I did get the most improved diver award and my letter in diving by the time of my junior year. I cherish the memories of my time with my uncle at the pool and him diving into the water and me wishing I could do as well. I loved my uncle so much and am so sad that I didn't get to tell him that he was such an influence and example to me. I hope he knows that I can now do handstand push-ups and that every time that I dive into the water I will think of him. Love you Uncle George, CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment